Kageles beach - Ag. Charalampos (Caves)
An easy route that can be done at any time during the day and without any special preparation.
From our spot at Kageles Beach (spot 1 Maronia) and within a radius of 1 nautical mile on the calm waters of the bay, you can visit the distinctive formations of red limestone. Crystal- clear waters, a stunning seabed, caves, small coves, fish and seabirds are there waiting to impress you. We paddle to the scenic port of Agios Haralambos where you will be able to see the remains of the ancient port of Maronia.
If you desire, apart from our preset schedule, you can disembark and visit the monumental Roman Propylaea made of marble of the area. This Propylaea once led to a big, public place -most probably to the agora of the town- back in the Roman period and was built by emperor Adrianus who visited Maronia in the years 124-125 AD.
In the end, and in case you want it, you could make a stop at the picturesque tavern Stratos, located at the port, for a cup of coffee or for fresh fish.
Arrange your own tour!
- Participants should bring a hat, sunscreen, warm water, snacks, a beach towel, and swimsuit.
- There are watertight compartments inside the boats for storing your personal belongings, however it is recommended that they should be kept in drybags or plastic bags.
- During the trip, it is best to paddle in a relaxed manner so that everyone can enjoy the ride.
- A participation of four is required for the excursions.
- Prices include full rental of a seaworthy kayak boat equipped with a special seat for comfortable paddling, life jackets, a water resistant bag of 15 lt, instructions for a
safe and pleasant trip and a staff member escort.
- Weather conditions are taken into account for the tour.
Contact us for your booking
WE ARE AT YOUR DISPOSAL FOR ALL YOUR NEEDs