Beach of "Despotis" – Marmaritsa – Synaxi and back
Our appointment will be set at the beach of Despotis (behind the port). Our kayak boats will have already been transported there and our team will be expecting you.
We start paddling from Despotis beach and we immediately face the imposing rocks and the coast of Marmaritsa. The scenery starts to change as gray and white steep rocks meet the shore. These rocks are practically the remains of ancient marble quarries that once were here.
The area is of high geological interest since it is part of the Maronia – Makri shift. The remaining segment of the shift is 5 metres high while the other part of it vanishes into the sea.
We paddle in a relaxed manner while we observe the majestic rocks, explore caves and stop at small beaches formed between the rocks.
Sinaksi beach is the closest to Samothraki point of Thrace. Therefore, at ancient times this was the place where pilgrims set off to visit the Sanctuary of the Great Gods in Paleopoli of Samothraki.
Suggested hourly schedule
Entry cost per person ( 3 hour route to the ancient quarry) 25€*
*(except Sundays when entry cost is 30€. We offer reduced prices to groups and teams) .
Entry cost per person ( 4 hour route to Synaxi coast) 30€*
*(except Sundays when entry cost is 35€. We offer reduced prices to groups and teams)
Additional time per person 5€
Arrange your own tour!
- Participants should bring a hat, sunscreen, warm water, snacks, a beach towel, and swimsuit.
- There are watertight compartments inside the boats for storing your personal belongings, however it is recommended that they should be kept in drybags or plastic bags.
- During the trip, it is best to paddle in a relaxed manner so that everyone can enjoy the ride.
- A participation of four is required for the excursions.
- Prices include full rental of a seaworthy kayak boat equipped with a special seat for comfortable paddling, life jackets, a water resistant bag of 15 lt, instructions for a
safe and pleasant trip and a staff member escort.
- Weather conditions are taken into account for the tour.
Contact us for your booking
WE ARE AT YOUR DISPOSAL FOR ALL YOUR NEEDs